Friday, August 3, 2012

Super Simple and Yummy Dessert

This is a really quick, really yummy, really simple recipe to have on hand, especially when company calls and are headed over and you want to make something to share with them.  It's very easy to keep the ingredients on hand for just such an occasion as well.  


Three ingredients is all you need for this yummy treat - a cake mix, pie filling, and butter, that's it, really!


Dump pie filling into a 9x13" pan.


Melt butter and stir into cake mix.


Crumble cake mixture on top of pie filling.  Bake.  It pretty much looks the same before it bakes as it does after.  Spoon it onto a plate and top with whipped cream (or ice cream) if you like.  Enjoy!  Really, that's all there is to it, the easiest dessert ever.  And you can change up the cake mix and the pie filling for different tastes.


The cat snuck up on me while I was outside taking pictures and popped into the picture.  Don't worry, he didn't eat any of it, just sniffed around it a little. :)

Easiest Dessert Ever
Ingredients:
2 cans pie filling (I've used cherry and blueberry, our favorites)
1 cake mix (I've done chocolate and white)
1/2 c. butter, melted


Directions:
Dump pie filling into 9x13" pan.  Melt butter and stir into cake mix.  Crumble cake mix on top of pie filling.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 min.








1 comments:

Missy said...

I've never tried this with cherry or with chocolate cake mix. I use yellow cake mix with fresh or frozen blueberries and some pineapple (the shredded kind) and pour a little of the juice over the berries.

I may have to give the chocolate cake mix a try with another fruit. I'm not sure blueberries and chocolate would be my favorite :~)

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...